POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mesh2 uv_vectors problem : Re: Mesh2 uv_vectors problem Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 uv_vectors problem
From: Rune
Date: 15 Jan 2001 16:15:34
Message: <3a636876@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Calimet" wrote:
> Normally you should be able to do any transform of your textures
> inside the triangles. I think you should not have problem to
> translate textures in your triangles. Please send some code to
> show that I'm wrong !

This works:

#declare Tex = texture {pigment {color rgb 1} translate x}
mesh {triangle {x, y, z texture {Tex}}}

But this doesn't work:

#declare Tex = texture {pigment {color rgb 1}}
mesh {triangle {x, y, z texture {Tex translate x}}}

My point is that if the whole texture is copied anyway, then why does it
make a difference if the texture is transformed before or after it is
applied to the triangle?

Also notice that when the mesh{} block is removed, it works fine:

#declare Tex = texture {pigment {color rgb 1}}
triangle {x, y, z texture {Tex translate x}}

It's only for optimized mesh triangles it doesn't work.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org